THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY (CNCo) IS COMMITTED TO A TARGET OF ZERO POLLUTION INCIDENTS, AND OUR ULTIMATE GOAL IS FOR OUR OPERATIONS TO HAVE ZERO NET IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT.
Protection of the environment is an integral part of CNCo’s business philosophy and CNCo will aim to ensure that its business practices minimise, or eliminate where possible, detrimental effects on the environment.
CNCo’s staff, both at sea and ashore, will carry out their work giving environmental concerns the highest priority possible and, by doing so, aspire to being “best in class” concerning all related environmental matters.
To achieve these aims CNCo will:
- Seek to optimise its operations by using the latest technology and best practice to achieve operational efficiency in reducing CNCo’s effect on the environment.
- Comply with all international and local environmental regulations and, where laws or regulations do not exist, ensure that best practice standards are met.
- Regularly review its policy to ensure that it is up to date and meeting its objectives in protecting the environment.
- Train all its employees to ensure that they can be proactive and have a positive attitude to all environmental issues.
- Provide its shore management with the most up to date environmental training to ensure that all shore staff are fully advised of all international environmental laws and standards and can apply them in CNCo’s business dealings.
- Engage with its customers and contractors during its business dealings to ensure that they carry out their operations in accordance with good environmental principles that meet or exceed existing legal standards. Where a customer or contractor does not have an Environmental Policy or is not following any environmental standard, CNCo’s staff are to encourage them to cooperate with its policy during its business relationship with them.
- Publish its operational data in the public domain to show CNCo’s environmental protection performance.